Central African Republic
History & Background, Preprimary & Primary Education, Secondary Education, Higher EducationSUMMARY
|Official Country Name:||Central African Republic|
|Language(s):||French, Sangho, Arabic, Hunsa, Swahili|
Overall, education in the Central African Republic has made progress in eradicating the illiteracy problem among its citizens. Nonetheless, the continued population growth creates a milieu in which added resources and attention must be given to ongoing teacher training, technological support, development of new school sites, and an instructional commitment to science and technical education.
The Central Intelligence Agency. The World Factbook 2000. Directorate of Intelligence, 26 May 2001. Available from http://www.odci.gov/.
The Europa World Yearbook 2000. 41st ed. Vol.1. London: Europa Publications Limited, 2000.
Touba, Theophile. "Central African Republic." Handbook of World Education: A Comparative Guide to Higher Education and Educational Systems of the World, edited by Walter Wickremansinghe, 155-158. Houston, TX: American Collegiate Service, 1992.
Turner, Barry, ed. The Statesman's Yearbook 2001. New York: St. Martin's Press, 2000.
The World of Learning 1999. 49th ed. London: Europa Publications Limited, 1998.
—Kimberly A. Battle-Walters
- Chad - History Background, Educational System—overview, Preprimary Primary Education, Secondary Education, Higher Education - CONSTITUTIONAL LEGAL FOUNDATIONS
- Cayman Islands
- Central African Republic - History Background
- Central African Republic - Preprimary Primary Education
- Central African Republic - Secondary Education
- Central African Republic - Higher Education